My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Sensory Experiences

I finally bought one of the little plastic kiddie pools.  I didn't even know that they made them in pink.  So now my girls have a girlie little pool.  One of these days we might actually fill it with water and use it as a pool.  But for now its sole purpose is to contain messes.

For example, keeping play dough off the carpet.  I found a quick and easy play dough recipe on Pinterest.  So I made them a batch of purple play dough, but I doubled it for obvious reasons.  


I'm trying to do more sensory experiences with them because of Tess' dislike of frosting and paint on her hands.  But she had no problem with the play dough.  I was hoping they would squish some in their hands and go all out.  Instead they mainly picked up a piece and then dropped, and then picked it up again and dropped it.  But they liked learning to crawl in and out of their new pink pool. 


For their next new thing a week later, I took a cue from a friend and let them play with flour.  I opted for them to be sans diapers since I didn't want flour all over the diaper covers.  But notice I was careful about object and hand placement so I could post them on here.  I did get a great double moon shot though that I can embarrass them with when they are teenagers.

They were a little concerned when I started sprinkling strange white stuff on their legs, but they quickly learned to ignore it while they played with all their new toys (i.e. Tupperware, wooden spoons, measuring cups and a basting brush).    They spread it around a little and dusted it off their legs.  They even tasted it and made faces.  I don't like the taste of raw flour either. 


They had fun.  It kept them busy and tired them out on a long day when Kevin was on-call.  And it wasn't really messy.  A quick rinse of their "toys", a spray out of their pool outside and a sweep in the kitchen was all it took.  Oh . . . and a bath for them, but it was bath day anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment