My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

33 Weeks and 2 Days

This day in the pregnancy is an important memory for me because this was the point I was at in the last pregnancy when the girls were born.  They were 7 weeks early but healthy.  They spent 4 weeks in the NICU learning to nurse, putting on weight (although they were a good size for their gestational age, my little chunks) and spending time under the bili light (only the first week luckily, pesky jaundice).  Although my husband and I half-lived in the hospital during those weeks, I was always thankful I could go home when I needed to without worrying there would be an emergency and something would happen with one of the girl's health while I was gone.  I know some parents are not that lucky.
First time holding T

This pregnancy, I am so thankful I am not carrying twins.  I am so much more healthy, comfortable and able to do things that I could not handle at this point last time.  Although we have someone coming to clean twice a month now to help me keep the house livable, I have enough energy to take care of the girls throughout the daily routine and still manage to get out with them to story times and playgrounds.  I am still sleeping reasonably well at night and have gained less than half of the weight I had last time by this point.  The difference in how I feel is amazing.  I seriously look back on the twin pregnancy, wondering how I did it. 

First time holding D
 
 I love my beautiful twin girls but am so thankful it is just one this time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment