My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween is Coming up Fast!

I have made very little progress on the Halloween costumes because we have been busy painting, cleaning and moving.  I have managed to pull my sewing machine out of the box it has been in the last 6-8 months.  However, I don't have a table to set it up on unless I put it on the dining table.  I really want to avoid that, but it may come to it if I don't find a good table at a yard sale soon.

I had started resizing a boys long sleeve shirt I got at a thrift store for T's scarecrow costume but she didn't like the color and it took so much effort to get her to try it on to size it that I gave up and scraped it.  Instead I will do a dress in fall colors and forget trying to make it look like on the movie.  It just isn't worth the effort to make something she doesn't want to wear anyway.

I finished dying baby M's onesie and it didn't turn out as well as I had dreamed, though it was pretty close to what I expected.  I'm thinking of buying pants and a long sleeve shirt anyway since it might be chilly enough.  She also yanks her lions mane off at first chance so that will be fun to deal with too.

I have bought all of the material to make D and T's dresses and have started cutting out T's.  I'm hoping to start sewing them in the next couple nights.  I definitely need to start by the weekend.  I'll probably have to put in some late nights to get it done without interruptions.   

So I am a bit sad and stressed about these costumes.  At least I got a couple pumpkins and some pumpkin butter at Trader Joe's this morning, so thing aren't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment