My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Decorations


I love strawberries.  My grandfather grew them for years when I was young.  There is nothing like a fresh picked strawberry.  That said, if you get lucky, some store-bought strawberries can be pretty good.  These were pretty good ones.


I brought them to our knitting holiday party.  Saw the idea on Pinterest and they are perfect.  Festive, healthy, easy and delicious.  I used vanilla wafers as the base and piped cool whip onto it.  Then trimmed the hull off the strawberry so they would stand flat upside.  I sliced the tip off to add the cool whip pom pom.  This is an idea I will keep using every year.


I finished getting the rest of our decorations up.  Last year I bought garlands at Michael's after Christmas when they were 70-80% off.  So we are a bit more festive this year than last. I hung the girls' stockings  up and they are waiting to be filled by Santa.  And this year I actually put pictures into their stocking holders instead of having them blank like last year.  Very proud of that fact!

 
I hung one garland across the doorway in the girls' playroom.  It was conveniently the perfect length.  I thought of stringing out Christmas lights around our front door so the neighborhood could see it but thought it was better to put them up in the playroom so the girls can see them.  The girls like it when I turn them on in the evenings.


Our tree is one of those small rosemary trees I got at Home Depot.  I've been good so far about keeping it on a sun lit window sill for a few hours each day and not watering it too much.  Hopefully I can keep it up and keep it alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment