My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Knitting

I don't have a lot of time for crafts but I am able to get some knitting done while I watch the girls.  I've been planning to make wool cardigans for the girls for over a year and a half.  I am happy to say that one is completely finished.  It took me about a month and a half to do.  So hopefully, with some dedication, cardigan number two will be ready in November. 

 This was just after nap and my model was a little bit grumpy

They are made from Lionbrand Collection Superwash Merino Wool.  The colors are beautiful, so rich and deep.  That is one thing I love about knitting it myself, I can choose a color that is not traditionally for little girls.  I also really like the pattern, Helena on knitty.com.  It was actually a second or third choice for me and the others fell through because the yarn didn't swatch to the right size.  The pattern is easy, yet has a lot of interest to it.  It only requires a little sewing for the hem (and if I learned to do the 3 needle bind off for the second one, I might be able to avoid that too).  So far I am really happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment