My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year


2014 has come to an end.  It was a year full of change for us.  Starting of course with a new baby girl (who just had her first birthday) and followed by a move cross country back home to California.  It has been so nice living near family again.  We have settled into a rental here in Brea.  The community is nice, the neighborhood has good amenities, and shopping is very close.  I continue to slowly get the house in order but it already feels like home. 

We had a wonderful Christmas.  We rounded out our advent calendar with baking more cookies, seeing some neighborhood lights, trying unsuccessfully to get a picture with Santa, making Christmas cards and watching a couple Christmas movies.  We headed down to my sister's house for an insane Christmas Eve with 5 littles running around and opening presents.  We spent all Christmas Day at my in-laws.  My husband unfortunately was on call and had to head into work twice during the day but at least we were able to spend some of the day with him.


I hadn't planned on doing any New Year's resolutions this year but I did start thinking about goals and things I'd like to change when writing this post so here is my list:
1) to knit more than last year.  That isn't saying much since I only did a handful of small projects last year.  Already this year I have finished a pair of fingerless mitts for Oma and have started testing a pattern for a designer on Ravelry
2) to finish Baby M and Little H's growth charts and make M's baby quilt.  I have the applique ironed on the growth charts but need to stitch them down, add the ruler lines and quilt it all together.  For the baby quilt I still haven't decided on a pattern, although I do have most of the material.
3) organize and stick to a weekly cleaning schedule.  It was really nice having someone clean for us in Arkansas while I was pregnant and then trying to keep the house looking good for showings when we were trying to sell it.  I just can't justify having one now though.  If I organize my time and get the twins involved, it should be "easy" to keep this house clean.  Especially since the twins started a Tiny Tots program at the community center today that gets them out of the house for 2 1/2 hours for 3 days a week.  So I have no excuses.
4) have more alone time with my hubby without the kids interrupting.  Between the new baby and not living together for months while he worked in AR and the girls and I came back early to CA, our marriage has definitely taken its hits this past year.  Now that we are settled and M is older we deserve to get some time to ourselves.
5) be more patient with the twins.  I have been losing my temper more than I should and raising my voice too often.  Then they react badly to me yelling at them and it just gets worse.  I need to be a better example for them of how practice patience and self control.

I wish everyone a great adventures and good health in 2015! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment