My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Friday, January 9, 2015

My Lil Owl's Birthday


My sweet little baby turned one last week.  It is hard to believe it though because its gone by so fast.  I've learned a lot about taking photos since her big sisters' first birthday photo shoot.  I still have so much to learn about my camera and maybe some day I will.  For now though I have improved and am happy with that. 

Look how much she has grown.  I took the photos in the same laundry basket.  She is getting to be such a big girl!


Her sisters wanted to help with the photo shoot.  D dressed up her bouncy horse with a tutu and earrings.  They both helped to keep M distracted so she wouldn't pull so much on the paper chain decorations or the blanket (the backdrop is just a blanket over her pack and play).


We celebrated her party on the 4th since daddy had that day off.  She got to wear a fluffy party dress thanks to Leila.  They make such adorable clothes for girls.


It was an owl theme with pale pinks and greens.  I covered a post with brown packing paper and blew up balloons for a tree.  I imagined the top much fuller, but apparently 14 balloons don't go as far as in my imagination. 


I made a couple tissue paper poofs and added eyes, a beak, feet and wings out of scrapbook paper.  I hung the little one from the tree.  The big pink one hung from the living room fan.

 
I made a collage out of baby pictures in the shape of a one.  They move from when she was newborn at the top left to 2 weeks ago on the bottom right.  It is neat seeing how much she has grown.
 


I would have liked to bake the cake.  Baking birthday cakes is something I've always done since I learned to bake.   Since I didn't have much time and my newly married sister-in-law's mother-in-law has a cake business, it seemed like a better idea (and much nicer looking one) to order it instead.  The cake was vanilla with chocolate in it.  It was so rich and delicious.  The gum paste owls that were perched on top of both the big cake and the smash cake are too cute.  I have to find out if they keep.  Maybe I'll save them in M's memory box. 


M liked eating the frosting and the chocolate ribbon on her vanilla cake but didn't smash it too much or get really messy. 

My one year old girl already walks a little by herself although she still prefers crawling for speed. She's a climber.  She's up on stools, step ladders, chairs, the couch and the coffee table every chance she gets.  She says mama, dada, Yeiya (for Leila), more and dog.  She can sign more and all done, she claps and tries to blow kisses.  She is pointing at things now, so I tell her what they are called.  I don't know if she is actually ahead of what her sisters were doing at this age or if I'm just busy with all of them, so not paying as much attention and time is going by so quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment