My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Down on the Farm


After hearing about the OC Fair Centennial Farm Discovery Days this morning, I made an impromptu decision to head there with the girls.  We had fun.  They have all the farm animals including calves, kids, chicks and adorable piglets.

I think only horses and turkeys were missing.  M mooed when she saw the cows and tried bleating at the sheep.  She really like the animals.  D and T planted radish seeds that they brought home and we put in our garden. 



The farm also had a produce bin for people to take the fresh picked fruits and veggies in lieu of donation.  The kids could then walk around the farm and find where they were grown.  They had huge, gorgeous heads of lettuce that I wanted to get, but didn't have a bag for.  Unfortunately I couldn't handle it with the stroller and the kids.  I really wish I had been able to though.  It looked so tasty.  Instead we settled on a leaf of swiss chard and a radish.  The girls and I munched on the swiss chard while we walked around to find where it was growing.  They thought it was bitter but ate it anyway.  We tried the radish at home because I needed to wash and cut it.  They were much more willing to eat it because they saw how and where it grew.


It was a fun morning.  If I had a chance to do it again, I would definitely bring a bag for produce, go earlier (arrive at 9 instead of 10) when there are fewer school groups and not forget my hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment