My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baby legs!

A pair of baby leggings are perfect for cool mornings and make diaper changes so much easier than pants or tights.  Especially now that the girls are sqirmy wormies and don't make putting on pants an easy job for mommy.  To save money and because I like to sew, I bought some socks at a dollar store and make some leggings using the tutorial over at Everything Your Momma Made and More. http://everythingyourmamamade.com/2008/01/21/make-your-own-baby-leg-warmers/

The girls look adorable in them of course (not that I'm bias or anything).  But I did discover a problem not mentioned on the tutorial.  It is one I should have realized if I had really thought about it.  If you get sock with a pattern that has a right side up and then you sew them so the top of the sock is now the bottom of the legging, then you wind up with leggings that have upside down patterns.  For example, the poodles on Tess' leggings are running upside down in between pretty pink bows that are also upside down.  (Except of course at the top of one of them.  That is right side up because I was not paying attention as I pinned.  I could of course say I was busy paying attention to the girls playing instead and there is a pretty good chance that statement would be true.)  So now I know to purchase socks with no right side up pattern and we'll be good to go.  The next ones I'll make have a cute pink, tan and black argyle pattern and will look nice anyway you look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment