My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Friday, January 11, 2013

Tying Up Loose Ends Before CA

These are some last projects I've been hoping to get done before we travel to California tomorrow.  All four of us are going this time; Kevin's first visit in 2 1/2 years.  The girls are excited to see their Oma, Leila and Pho Pho even though they really don't understand what is going to happen.  I've been reading a book to them about a family that takes a trip on an airplane.  Maybe some of it will seem familiar tomorrow.

 
I made ornaments of the girls' hand prints out of salt dough for their grandparents for Christmas and I finally got around to making some for me in the past couple days.  I tried out a cornstarch dough for my ornaments but they all cracked, so I will stick with salt dough I used with the first ornaments.  And since I only needed enough for two ornaments for myself, I used the extra dough for an Anna paw print ornament.

 
I knitted a neat looking lattice design headband for my sister-in-law.  I love the design.  It is one I will probably incorporate into other projects like hats in the future.  I am also almost finished with the gloves I have been working on for my father-in-law.  Three fingers left to do!


Bows! Bows! Bows!  Three to be exact.  I finally put some of those bow tutorials I pinned on Pinterest to good use and made the girls some bows to go with an outfit their Leila got them.  I made the third to give to my sister at her shower so that my future niece will get to match her cousins.  They all look pretty nice but I can still tell the difference between the first one I made and the last one.  It did not take long to get the hang of maneuvering the ribbon and glue gun though. 

 
Last on the list of things that need to be done or at least in a state where I can complete them once I get to California is a Hot Wheels travel bag for my nephew Holden.  I saw a great tutorial on Pinterest for it.  Unfortunately, I don't get a lot of chances to access the sewing machine with my rugrats under foot so I opted for the quicker approach of felt and a glue gun.  It doesn't look as nice but it will do the job.  It has slots for 4 cars and they are numbered so he can practice counting.  All that is left to do is the buttons.

 
Well we are mostly packed, the boarding passes are printing and here is hoping for a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment