My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Apple Muffins and Cloth Diapered Nights

Finally being a little productive after another round of colds.  It is so hard being sick with sick babies.  They ended up sleeping with me part of two nights which always translates into a grumpy momma to go along with two fussy kids.  But now we are better except for a little coughing and a runny nose here and there.

I managed between our CA trip and sickness to run out of disposable diapers (technically I did have one left but since that doesn't work for two babies, I just left it in the diaper bag).  Then I completely forgot to buy some when I went shopping two days ago with the main objective to buy diapers.  I didn't bother to put it on the list since it was something I wasn't going to forget, right?  Out of necessity the girls slept in cloth diapers, which I had always avoided because I did not want to deal with leaks.  But the two nights we did it were fine. No leaks, no rashes, no end of the world.  It gives me new confidence to at least partially expand into nighttime cloth diapering.  It does of course take extra inserts, so I will have to get up to my sewing machine at some point to make some more micro fiber inserts.  But in the future the girls will be sleeping in cloth a few nights a week.


Today we baked muffins.  This time I actually described everything I was doing to the girls, along with the usual letting them mix the ingredients with the whisk.  D stood by me the whole time watching and listening to what I was saying.  T was playing nearby, seemingly not paying attention, but I have learned from experience that she is still a little sponge even when she is off on her own.  I can't wait until they are a bit older and taller and can stand at the counter with stools to actually bake and cook with me. 


They both like the muffins, which have apple and raisins in them.  Miss T thought it was tons of fun to try and grab a muffin off the plate while mom was taking pictures of them.  Naughty girl. 

I am lining up play dates for the girls now that we are better.  We've been trapped at home for too long.  It will be good for the girls to get out and socialize (and probably pick up their next cold).   

No comments:

Post a Comment