My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a week!

What a week!  On Christmas Day we had a horrible storm that knock out power to thousands of people in our area for days.  Ours was out for 49 hours and man did it get cold in here.  It also dumped quiet a few inches of snow on us.


We were lucky that none of our trees fell over or large branches broke.  At a house up the street from us, one of their large oaks fell over and hit the roof.  Luckily for them, another tree next to it bore most of the weight so it did not go crashing through.  But it still caused damage to their roof. 

Our back fence looks a little bent from our neighbors large bushes.  But we are hoping that with the ice and snow melted, the bushes will recover and lift up off the fence.  Hopefully we won't have to repair anything. 


Kevin spent three hours shoveling snow off of our driveway.  He could not make it into work because the entrance to the cul de sac is too steep to get out of with all the snow.  Instead he spent his day doing what he could for us to survive without power for awhile and helping neighbors to clear the street so we could drive out.  He is a great husband.


The girls got their first chance to play in the snow, although I didn't really let them play because they had no boots and no mittens.  I had to tie plastic bags around their shoes so they could walk around in it for a couple minutes.  The snow was up to their knees and they did not really know what to make of it.  If we had heat inside, I would have brought a bowl of it into the kitchen for them to play with but we were freezing as it was.
 
 
Before the power outage, we had a good Christmas morning.  We helped the girls open a few presents from relatives.  Miss T was such a doll and smiled at the camera when I asked her to.
 

Both girls loved the sweet smelling puppy dogs their aunt got them.  Here is D hugging the one I have named Vanna.  For some reason I feel uncomfortable naming all their animals and dolls (we still refer to both of their dolls as 'doll'), but I thought I'd try it out this time.  I chose the very imaginative names of Vanna (for the vanilla colored one) and Chocco (for the chocolate colored one). 


We had a very nice, warm Christmas morning as a family.  I love getting pictures with my girls and am so thankful they are my babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment