My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Foot and Hand Prints Quilt

I have been too lazy to take pictures of this project, but finally I got on it.  These are squares for a quilt I plan to make for myself in a few years.  On their first birthday and again this year I took the girls' hand prints and footprints with fabric paint on 9x9 inch squares. 


The difference between footprints is more noticeable than hand prints.  Look how much D's feet have grown in the past year.  As you can see with T's hand prints, it's harder to tell which one was more recent. 

The plan is to do the same at least for the next year and possibly the year after, along with any new additions to the family.  Then I will make it into a queen or king size quilt for our bed. 

I regret not doing it when they were newborns.  You can see on the baseballs how itty bitty their feet were.  Their tiny hands were just precious too.  They grow so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment