My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Friday, July 12, 2013

Pacifiers, Popsicles and Popcorn

The last post depicted taking the pacifier away in a rosier light than reality.  We have had some minor setbacks, mainly Miss T crying a little at nap time and longer at bedtime.  There were a few nights where it was hard getting her to bed but she has been doing really well the last few nights.  She doesn't ask for her pacifier anymore, but is still learning to soothe herself without it. 

I told a friend about our experience and she decided to apply the same strategy in a different way that I thought was neat.  She took her daughter to a toy store and let her pick out a new doll.  Her daughter had to 'pay' the clerk for the doll with her pacifier.  Apparently the clerk wasn't thrilled and thought it was disgusting, but all part of working at a toy store I guess.


A few days ago, I tried making fruit popsicles for the first time.  I put a couple cups of watermelon in the food processor (we don't have a blender) and added a little lime juice and a few squeezes of honey.  They turned out yummy, very refreshing.  The girls loved them!


Today I made popcorn which I haven't made for a long, long time.  I used to snack on it all the time when I was pregnant with the girls.  But once they got old enough to want to eat what I was eating, I stopped making it because I didn't want them to eat it and choke.  But today I thought about the delicious taste of fresh popped popcorn and decided to go for it.  I make it the old fashion way, in a pot on the stove.  A little bit of olive oil and some salt and I'm good to go. 

 
The girls got to try it too, but I only gave them part of it once I had pulled off the kernel.  Yes, I am paranoid . . . dealing with a choking toddler is not something I want to experience, ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment