My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe titled "The Only Chocolate Cookie I Ever Need to Know for the Rest of my Life" from Kate Miss' For Me, For You blog is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have made.  The cookies are delicious.  Cookie dough anyone?


That said though, I think it needs tweaking to really be what I'm looking for. You see, I like a chewy chocolate chip cookie, not a hard cookie. Although these cookies were so large that weren't crisp through like the normal recipe chocolate chips cookies, the outside was definitely hard and crunchy. 



According to Alton Brown, in order to get a chewy cookie, you need to melt the butter in a sauce pan before creaming it with the sugar. Alton's recipe also calls for one egg and one egg yolk instead of two eggs. So next time I make these cookies I will try these alterations and hopefully get the perfect chocolate cookie recipe.  In the mean time, these cookies are calling my name.



2 comments:

  1. Check out Martha Stewart's cookie cookbook from the library. It has the best recipes and it's categorized by texture, chewy, crunchy, etc.

    ReplyDelete