My Life

I am a mother of three precious girls, an avid crafter and have recently returned to California after eight years in other states

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Family photo

We took family photo's for a Mother's Day present for my mother and my mother-in-law (and for me!).  I love the photo of all of us.  Both girls are smiling--never a guarantee--and it is still so exciting to get family photos of my family that includes more than my husband now.


I made the girls' outfits using the little girl's crossover pinafore pattern over at Smashed Peas and Carrots.



It is a super simple pattern, looks adorable and can be worn as a shirt when they get bigger.  What more could you ask for?  Plus, even though you can't really see it in the picture, one dress is the reverse of the other so the girls' coordinate nicely.  The diaper covers are also the reverse of the dress which gives it a nice contrast when you see their bum.  I got the diaper cover pattern from http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-perfect-diaper-cover.html.  (Did I mention how much I love tutorials on the internet!)



I really wish we had gotten one of the two of them both smiling but this turned out to be the best one.  They are at least not crying and both girls are looking at the camera. 

I made the felt flowers for their headbands using the tutorial over at Jones Design Company, http://jonesdesigncompany.com/tutorial/flower-pin-tutorial/.   I cut the felt out while watching the girls and then glued them really quickly with the glue gun during nap time.  They are easy to do and look so great.  I plan to make more in a variety colors and for me too. 
It is so fun making things for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment